What warranty does my product have?
All registered products come with a 10 years warranty as standard.
Products that had a valid warranty on 1st September 2017, now have a total of 10 years warranty from date of purchase.
Subject to the “Exceptions” listed below. SHOWTEC warrants all Products to be free of defects in material and workmanship if used under normal operating conditions for Ten (10) years from point of original retail purchase by an end-user.
Requests for warranty on products bought outside of territory.
For warranty on products bought outside of a user’s territory of residence, the end-user will be directed to contact the dealer who actually sold the product. Of course the end-user can always choose to have it repaired by the territory’s distributor instead, at their cost.
Exceptions to this are:
- Touring systems which have previously been agreed with CARE team.
Are there warranty exceptions?
Apart from the obvious improper use of the product, there are only a few exclusions to the limited warranty that you need to be aware of, including consumables, burnt voice coils and road/flight cases.
The above warranty does not apply to:
- Consumable parts, including but not limited to, fuses, batteries, and cables.
- Drivers and diaphragm assemblies that have burnt voice coils due to over voltage or a surge from a power amplifier.
- Power amplifiers with incorrectly loaded outputs (in terms of “load”/ohms).
- Physical or shipping damage due to improper use of the Products or incorrect installation.
- Cable drum assemblies and road/flight cases, for which there will be a one (1) Year warranty period.
- Products whose factory applied serial number has been defaced, altered or removed.
This Limited Warranty is extended exclusively to the original buyer (customer of Authorized Reseller) and is not transferable to anyone who may subsequently purchase the product. No other person (distributor, dealer, fulfiller, retailer, etc.) shall be entitled to give any warranty promise on behalf of SHOWTEC.